here begins testing of the version 0.70a (beta 1).
The most important changes are in disk I/O handling; this should take care of frozen GUI issue and improve performance at high speeds.
Requirements are still the same: at least Windows XP; 32-bit and 64-bit executables are available.
No language DLLs for test builds (English language only).
To upgrade simply replace the existing executable.
The current beta 1 build is available at: https://github.com/irwir/eMule/releases ... -community
New and improved internal features
- Using I/O completion ports for disk operations
- Allow MediaInfo.dll up to 23.07 (Windows XP is limited to 21.03)
- Better handling of UNC shares
- Tweaked a few other code parts including upload bandwidth management
- Visual Studio 2022 and updated libraries were used.
- UNC shares can be added to the tree control in Options->Directories
- Show key icon overlay in server list if server reply has "can use obfuscation" flag
- Tray icon should be functional always; even after display driver change
- Display long file name below shared files list when Details panel is hidden
- Always show/restore the main window when activating Exit dialog
- Added large mule head application icon for high resolution displays
First, currently there is no real need to use such "helpers".
Second, some users suggested to bump version to 0.70.
Will this prevent blockings? Not necessarily. For example, poorly written version check may block anything above 0.50.